Updated - Saturday 8 February 2020
36th America's Cup - 2021 in Auckland
Defender: Emirates Team New Zealand from Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron.
Luna Rossa (ITA) from Circolo della Vela Sicilia - Challenger of Record.
American Magic from New York Yacht Club.
INEOS Team UK (formerly Land Rover BAR) from Royal Yacht Squadron Racing.
- Altus Challenge (MLT) from Royal Malta Yacht Club. Late entry. Dropped out.
- Stars & Stripes Team USA from Long Beach Yacht Club. Late entry. Will need unlikely Protocol change to avoid disqualification for not racing in Cagliari in April 2021.
- DutchSail (NED) from Royal Rowing and Sailing Society 'De Maas'. Late entry. Dropped out.
- The deadline for late challenges was 30 November 2018.
- At the late entry deadline, RNZYS reported having received eight late challenges. They accepted the three noted above. The others had conditions that appear to have prevented acceptance.
- We don't know who were the other five clubs that submitted the Notice of Challenge.
- Team France announced they would not challenge - not enough sponsorship funding.
- Two additional Italian challengers made public announcements: Adelasia di Torres from Sardinia and Columbus 2021 from Imperia.
- Rumors consistently mentioned China, but there were never any details.
- A challenger from Norway was also rumored, but again, with no details.
Yachts: AC75 foiling monohulls with crew of 11.
Nationality: at least three passport holders. Others must be permanent residents.
America's Cup World Series: two events "possilble" (but unlikely) in Fall 2019, three events in 2020.
Christmas Regatta: 10-20 December 2020 in Auckland.
Challenger Selection Series: (PRADA Cup) in February 2021 in Auckland.
America's Cup Match: 6-21 March 2021 in Auckland.
There is much more information the Members Area of the CupExperience CLUB - as you can tell from the Quick Navigation above.
The detailed info below is for CupExperience CLUB members only.
Already a CupExperience CLUB member?
More info about the CupExperience CLUB here.